- Saving Options for Diagrams
- Open a diagram
- Validate diagrams
Diagrams are native Visio diagrams in the Graphical Visio Modeler which are used for modeling. They always consist of the foreground (for modeling, contains the objects ) and background (for the Design, Logo udgl.; see Templates) and can include multiple pages (= separate “diagram pages”).
Creating a New Diagram
Select at the bottom of the navigation window the “diagram” node.
Click the context menu (right mouse button) and select the function “New Diagram”.
Click on the menu bar in the repository on the button “New”.
Select a template to be used for the new diagram.
The properties window appears.
Enter a name, and the desired property values for the diagram.
The diagram opens for modeling in the Graphical Visio Modeler.
Creating a Linked Diagram
- From the repository, choose an object, with which the new diagram is to be linked
- Click on the context menu (right mouse button) and select the function “New linked diagram”.
- Select a template to be used for the new diagram.
- The properties window appears.
- Enter a name, and the desired property values for the diagram.
- The diagram opens for modeling in the Graphical Visio Modeler.
- In all diagrams, in which the selected object was used in the beginning (step 1), a smart tag is displayed with the object representing the link to the diagram you just created.
Creating a Dependency Diagram
System Properties for Diagrams
Saving Options for Diagrams
See: Database Settings
Open a diagram
Diagrams can be opened in the repository in the following ways:
Double-click on a diagram in the navigation window
“Open” in the context menu
Double-click on a diagram in the object window
“Open” in the context menu
Through the context menu for objects
- “Linked Diagrams” - indicates those diagrams with which the selected object is linked. Clicking on the diagram opens the corresponding diagram.
- “Used in diagrams” - indicates those diagrams on which the selected object is used. Clicking on the diagram opens the corresponding diagram.
Diagram selection in the context menu of an object in the repository
Diagrams can be protected before being processed by other process4.biz users, as well as before being used without process4.biz
- To protect a diagram, select in the context menu of this diagram the option “Protect” under “Special”.
- The diagram protection wizard opens.
- Select the diagrams to be protected.
- Set a new password and allow, if needed, the protected diagrams to be used in the extension modules mentioned above. For password complexity, refer to Database settings.
- The diagram protection wizard now protects the selected diagrams under the respective password.
Protected diagrams can be used as follows:
|A protected diagram can||A protected diagram cannot|
Remove diagram protection
- To remove the protection of diagrams again, select the “Remove protection” function under “Special” in the context menu of a protected diagram.
- In the diagram protection wizard, select then which diagrams you want to decrypt.
- Then enter the password that you used for protection.
Each user of the group administrator can remove the diagram protection without entering the password.
See: Validation Scripts
The diagram protection wizard