In this step you can define the sorting and the order of the diagrams in the Word document and choose diagrams for the report.
- Sort the diagrams by property
This option allows you to sort the diagrams in Word Reporter by one or more properties (e.g. unit, type, category, etc.).
Select at the top of the window in the property column the property according to which the diagrams should be grouped (you can create new diagram properties in the system class diagram in the Designer). Select in the column order whether diagrams are to be sorted in an ascending or descending order by that property. Select in the Chapter column, whether a chapter should be created in Word document, corresponding to the selected property. The button adds a new sorting criterion (property), with the button you can delete an existing criterion. In the list below, you can track how your diagrams are exported to Word.
You can change the order of rules using drag & drop. Click best on the number in front of the row and drag it to the new location.
You define, for example, the property unit as first sorting criterion.
In this case, diagrams are grouped by units (units alphabetically
ascending or descending). The second criterion you select is the
property classification. Within the sorting
by unit, diagrams are grouped by classification. And
finally, select the diagram name. Within the sorting
by classification, diagrams are sorted alphabetically. For the
properties Unit and classification create a chapter in Word,
but not for the diagram name.
In the lower part of the window, you can select those diagrams that are to be exported and included in the generated report.
On the right is an example of the table of contents for the grouping described above.
- Generate diagram tree
This option allows you to publish diagrams in the form of a hierarchy tree (as in the repository) to Word.
In the lower part of the window, you can select those diagrams that are
to be exported and included in the generated report. Units without
exported diagrams do not appear in this dialogue unless you have
selected objects from this unit to be published.
In this case, the numbering of the diagrams is displayed corresponding to the diagram level in the tree: 1.Grand Parent diagram 1.1. Parent diagram 1.1.1. Child diagram etc.
If you deselect some diagrams, then they are still displayed in the
diagram tree diagram with name and number, but no diagrams or objects
are published. These “empty” diagrams are also displayed in the table of
Within the diagram tree you can move diagrams via drag-and-drop and bring them in any order within the selected unit. The order of diagrams you selected is included in the WordReport.
- If you want to publish a diagram (NAV Project Bid Proposal Management) parallel to another diagram (NAV Sales), move the desired diagram (NAV Project Bid Proposal Management) so that the dotted line is above the target diagram (NAV Sales).
- If you want to publish a diagram (NAV Project Bid Proposal Management) under another diagram (NAV Sales) *(as a child diagram), move the desired diagram *(NAV Project Bid Proposal Management) so that the dotted line crosses the target diagram (NAV Sales).
- If you want to change the order of parallel diagrams (diagram NAV Sales will be published before diagram NAV Order Processing), move the diagram NAV Order Processing so that the dotted line is above the target diagram NAV Sales.
- If you want to use same diagram in several parts of the tree you can clone any diagram by right mouse click on the diagram to cloned (diagram NAV Project Bid Proposal Management). After that you can move and reordered in any way through the tree (diagram NAV Project Bid Proposal Management will be published before diagram *NAV Process Lanscape).