- Language selection
- Database Profiles / DbConfig.xml
- Creating Databases
- Enter License Key
- First Login
Via the process4.biz installer (*.exe) you can select the installation language; German, English, and French are the available installation languages. This language choice concerns the installation and sets the language for the first start of process4.biz, the display language for the interface and the content model. However, it can be changed anytime via the client settings.
If you use installation file with the *.msi extension the default language of OS language automatically will be set as a language of the process4.biz modeler.
Select Installation Type
Basically you can choose between a client installation and an installation of the Server License Services (see Server license).
In the next step you can select via the client installation the necessary components; the server license service is necessary for the management of server license and makes available the license to the centrally controlled p4b clients.
- p4b basic modules: core component, consisting of the repository, the designer and the Graphical Visio Modeler. It can be deselected for stand-alone installation of DBConfig.
- DB update (DBUpgrade)
- Dynamics AX: allows you to import data from the Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP system
- Dynamics SureStep Reporter: enables automatic filling of Excel-based Dynamics Sure Step Gap-Fit reports
- process4.biz CobiT / ITIL generates special reports on the Maturity Level of IT processes in your company, specified by the COBIT5 reference model.
- SharePointSync: enables SharePoint Integration
- TaskManagement: allows you to assign a task for the person in charge of an activity with a due date in Outlook.
- RACI Reports: allows the creation of reports about the responsibility of the respective roles and functions in the activities of a process
- ActiveDirectory Import: Extension of a third party; the “Active Directory” can thus be visualized in process4.biz and its data is imported into the repository.
- DBConfig: program for configuring the connection profile of your p4b databases on the SQL server.
- Server Licensing: installs the server license service (see Server License)
- Database: installs the demo database supplied with the respective release; in addition there is also an empty database available
Databases, which contain the Dynamics AX or NAV, or COBIT5 reference model, are always supplied separately and are not part of the setup.
Selecting of the installed components
Database Profiles / DbConfig.xml
Specifies the location of DbConfig.xml where the database profiles are stored.
Path of the website
If you enable “Copy the XML file of the profile and then use it locally”, the DbConfig.xml is copied to a local folder. All changes applied during setup (e.g. during setup of the demo database) are saved in this local XML file.
When the user opens the DBConfig on the client used for the installation, the local XML file is opened and modified as applicable. These changes are stored locally and are only visible to the respective user. This option is suitable for multi-user installations, if users have no permissions to a central drive (where the universal XML file is located).
Note that this option is only available when you run the setup as an administrator.
When upgrading an existing installation: Enter the path to your previously used DbConfig.xml (together with all the already configured connection profiles) to continue to use them.
Other software components
Only for demo installations!
Installs SQL 2008 Express for demonstration purposes for clients who do not have a local SQL Server or an available SQL Server in the network.
Adobe SVG Viewer
Installs the Adobe SVG Viewer, which is necessary in old versions of Internet Explorer for the display of SVG graphics. This option is disabled by default because the display of SVG is supported natively from Internet Explorer 9 and higher.
The setup of process4.biz provides you with the installation option to import the available database (DEMO & EMPTY) directly to an available SQL Server and automatically generates the database connection profile for it.
Define the name of the database
Select the target SQL Server to restore the database (by default, a demo installation is assumed and therefore “.\ SQLExpress is “preselected)
Select whether to use your Windows NT authentication or SQL Server authentication: you can restore the Demo DB with the Windows NT authentication option by default.Please note:
- When a user of the Administrator group restores the DB and then another user wants to log in to the database, this other user must be added first as a user in SQL Server with the necessary permissions for the database
- In Windows 7 and 8 even a user of the Administrator group must first be added to the SQL Server with the appropriate permissions for the database in order to be able to restore the database with “Windows NT authentication”.
- As an alternative to Windows NT authentication, you can use the SQL Server authentication. In this case, enter your login information for the SQL Server (requires at least the server role “dbcreator”).
- Check connection using “Test” button
The two database connection profiles of the EMPTY and DEMO database are automatically saved in the previously stored or selected DbConfig.xml.
Creating demo database
Enter License Key
If you set the flag for the activation of the license during the installation, you can then enter your license username and license key. If you have license modification keys too (e.g. for the additional activation of extensions), please enter them in the appropriate field (if there are more than one, separate them by commas).
If you want to use the server license for your p4b client and the license server is already installed, you can enter the name (or IP address) to specify the license server and also test whether the connection from the client to the license server works.
To use process4.biz, login in a database is required.
After a successful login as process4.biz Admin, more process4.biz- and/or Windows users (groups) can be added and the respective permissions can be created and assigned.
Enter the license key in setup