With this function, you can restore databases (also without stencils and diagrams) from previous backup copies and also from previous releases.
Additionally you have the option to restore at anytime the p4b demonstration database and an empty database as a new profile. The standard diagram and templates directories are filled out automatically (according to the defined standard folder, see Configuring Database Connections)
Restoring a Database
Database Server: select the name of the SQL database server. With the search you can find all present (visible) SQL Servers in the LANAttention:
When restoring databases on non-local SQL servers, appropriate user rights are required. Please clarify this for corresponding projects in advance with your SQL administrator and make sure that the necessary rights are available.
Optional: use the current Windows user (for this user the corresponding rights to the selected SQL Server are required; see Login as Windows user).
Username: Enter your username for the SQL Server
Password: enter your password for the SQL Server
Database name: Enter the desired database name
Database file: select the database file (with the extension * .db), wherefrom you want to restoreNote:
If the restored database backup is located on a network share, the user group “Everyone” on the respective network share should have read & write permissions.
- Database Folder: Specifies the folder where the SQL Server files of your database will be saved; it is filled automatically or through the “D” button in front of the input field
- Use this archive with diagrams for the backup: this path is filled automatically, provided that an archived folder with process4.biz diagrams is found in the directory of the DB backup file. Alternatively, you can also select another archive or disable this option, if the relevant diagrams are already unpacked. During the restoration, the diagrams with an activated check-box are automatically extracted in the destination folder (= diagram path).
- Diagram Path: select the folder in which the process4.biz diagrams of the restored database are to be found. If .zip files for diagrams were automatically found, they are unpacked through the restoration in the specified folder.
- Use this archive with stencils for the backup: as with the diagram archive, an archive with process4.biz stencils can be unpacked automatically in a selectable destination folder (= stencil path) with this option. Even if the .zip file is empty, a stencil path is created.
- Stencil Path: select the destination folder for the process4.biz stencils of the database to be restored.
- To perform the restore, click Restore.