You can search for objects and diagrams in the repository and in Little repository as well as in the Database Designer. If you enter a text in the search box, items are filtered according this text, and results are highlighted in yellow.
You can create a new or already existing property each time for the search or remove it from the search. This functionality is controlled by the system property “include in text search”; the default value of the property is set to “true”.
Content can be filtered in the repository / designer according to different parameters. Click on the “Filter”. In this way, you can search according to criteria (e.g.class, unit, etc.) and/or self-selected strings.
- You can also use the fields <not empty> and <empty> to search for all matching property fields.
- Each column of the table (= property of an object) can be filtered separately.
- Various column filters can be set simultaneously too.
- Large and small letters are regarded as one and the same symbol.
The Unit filter in Repository
The unit filter provides the filter for the following categories:
- Hide the items of the Parent Units
All inherited items from higher hierarchy levels (objects and diagrams) are hidden. This is useful if you are in a lower hierarchy level, in which there are many “inherited” objects.
- Hide the items of the Child Units
All items (objects and diagrams) originating from units of lower hierarchy levels are hidden. This is useful if you are currently in a higher hierarchy level and you do not want to see objects inherited from deeper units.
- Hide the diagrams from parent units in the tree
All diagrams inherited from higher hierarchy level are hidden in the diagram tree.
- Hide the diagrams from child units in the tree
All diagrams originating from units in lower hierarchy levels are hidden in the diagram tree.
- Hide the objects that are used on diagrams
Hides all objects that are used in diagrams. This feature is useful if you e.g. want to change / delete all objects that are not used in diagrams.
- Hide the objects that are not used on diagrams
Hides all objects that are not used on diagrams.
- Hide all approved objects and diagrams
This function can be used to quickly find all objects and diagrams that have not yet been approved by an authorized person.
- Hide all objects and diagrams that are unapproved
This option makes it possible to display all objects and diagrams that have been approved and are released.
- Hide specific non-approved objects and diagrams
This function hides unapproved objects and diagrams of a certain category.
See: Approval Management
- Both options (“Show hidden items” and “Show only hidden items”) are
Items are only visible in the repository and in the Database Designer.
- Show hidden items
All hidden items are (greyed out) displayed along with the visible items.
- Show only hidden items
Only hidden items are displayed.
See also: Visibility Settings