In the dialogue box, you can define the settings for updating the
Select a new template to be transferred to the diagrams. You can exchange the parts of the template from the graphic to the right. Exchangable parts of the template
- Replace the LOGO with one from the template - activate this option when you want to transfer the logo of the new template to other diagrams. You can use the old logo size (as it is in the diagrams) or the new logo size. The logo will only be replaced if it is on the background page.
- Replace BACKGROUND page for diagrams with one from the template - activate this option to replace the background page of the diagrams with the background page of the template.
- Replace FOREGROUND page for diagrams with one from the template - enable this option to replace the foreground page of the diagrams with the foreground page of the template. All shapes that are on the foreground page and are marked as a template item (see below) will be transferred to the diagrams.
- Apply template’s SIZE diagrams - activate this option to apply the original template size is to the diagrams.
- Add template’s STENCILS to diagrams - select this option to add the stencils of the template to the diagrams. This option can be used for example if a diagram has “lost” your stencil and you want to restore it.
- Apply template’s THEME to diagrams - activate this option to apply the theme of the template to the diagrams (You can change shape themes under the Visio menu Format → Design).
- Replace the diagram’s template name with the selected template name - All diagrams have the property “template name”, indicating the name of the template under which the diagram was created. When this option is activated, the old template name is replaced with the new template name.
- Replace the diagram’s page name with the selected template page name - All diagrams and templates (* vst) have one (or more) page names. When this option is activated, the page name of the diagram is replaced with the first page name of the template.
- Remove the guide lines from diagrams
This option removes all guides from diagrams during the replacement of the templates.
- Mark shape as part of the template - for the exchange of shapes on the foreground the shapes must be marked as part of the template. To mark a shape as part of the template, open the template in process4.biz, select the shape, right-click and select “Equip with p4b Properties → mark shape as part of the template”. A special entry is thus created in the ShapeSheet.