The easiest way to create a custom web-publisher theme is to copy an existing theme and then modify it.
Publisher is delivered with 2 built-in themes:
- Process4.biz default
- Simple Green
Here is a step-by-step manual on how to clone the “Simple Green” theme, modify it, and save the modified copy in the database.
Create a custom theme
- Navigate to the publisher styles folder: C:\Program Files
The themes delivered with the setup are stored in this folder.
- The “Simple Green” folder contains theme related files. Copy it to
some other location, e.g. C:\Temp
- Modify files in this folder (css-style files, images, etc) according
to your preference.
Place the CSS theme files to the “css” subfolder; put the custom image files to the “img” subfolder.
Note that you can use this folder directly in publisher as a custom theme by selecting it as “theme” in options:
To save the theme in the database:
- In the site options dialogue, click ”Upload” and select the
folder with the custom theme to be uploaded to the database.
This should add the new item to the list of themes uploaded to the database:
- Switch the theme selector to “Database” and select this new theme in
- You can also Extract the theme from the database to the disc folder in order to modify it. Not needed themes can be deleted from the database by clicking on Delete.
- In this way the theme in the database is selected as the custom
theme. Note that database themes are marked with the ”#” sign.
JIRA issue: http://dev.process4.biz/jira/browse/MOD-5186